Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday, June 1, 2009

yesterday we went to the Felmy's to celebrate Mike and Mirian's 50th anniversary...except that Mike was stuck in Florida, unable to fly his small plane to Haiti due to weather. so a good time was had by...most everyone. Got to see the spectacular view from the roof of the Felmy's clinic, overlooking a small valley and the coast. I have pic's but again I cannot post them.

today we took the team down to the orphanage to see the kids and the community. we were there till about 2, then returned and I went out again about 5 with Elizabeth to.....rent her a new apartment!! Yes, it is done, she has a 2 room place for her and her kids to stay in. It was a struggle to find a place she could afford but God provided and they have a place to stay for at least one year.

Hot and humid.....over and over. so I am getting used to it....just in time to leave. I will post tomorrow evening, I think, as a farewell. it has been a fabulous experience, my view of the world will never be the same, and I hope and pray that I can use that to serve God in the time He allows me to. If you ever get a chance to do something like this, you owe it to yourself to do it. You will be changed forever. I know God's grace abounds in poverty and deprivation. I truly hope to return, if and when He will's it. that's all for now.

Bondye benis ou.

No comments:

Post a Comment