Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Well, the first two days of school have and gone.  We had a missionary meeting Sunday at Chris and Leslie Rollings place, they have built a place next to the other house that was originally on the property.   very nice place with open windows, shade tree's and such.  Shade tree's are highly prized in Haiti this week, with temp's set to reach and stay at about 105 or higher till at least next Wednesday.   By afternoon, neither the students or teachers can focus well or get much done.  I will testify to that.  I am drinking water as much as I can, but as I was returning from the trip to drop kids off from school, I got that cotton  mouth feeling. Last night I got up around 4 am, and after getting back to bed, felt like I was laying down in a pool of water just from my own sweat.   Ah, the missionary life is truly an adventure!  

Things are getting settled in for every one here, though changes keep coming up.  Just being flexible enough to "roll with the punches" seems to be the most useful attribute anyone can have here.  Kids refusing to obey, parents not helping with the process, people disappearing with money given to build chairs for the smaller kids, life just rolls on.   But it really isn't that bad, the heat just magnifies everything.   It is pretty much the topic of conversation most of each day, but we are trying to just get thru it, as it WILL cool down sometime.  It has to.   Right?            hope everyone is well,  bundle up in the midwest!

Bondye benis ou

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment