Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday, October 5m 2009

time flies by, decisions get made and life continues.  went shopping yesterday with Wayne and Melissa, and have oodles of stuff to send to Haiti.  Carolyn, don't get mad, but we have some junk food.  I promise I'll eat it all as soon as possible!    (sharing of course with those willing to partake in the removal of the junk food).  I am packing likely too many things, but I know enough now to be willing to leave what I bring this time.  at least a lot of it.  weather here is horrible....temps around 40's at night, 60's in day, it feels like Siberia.  the sun helps some, but Haiti is sounding better,, I can't wait to glisten.  :)      Church yesterday was great, good message on unity in the body, got to see many friends and say goodbye, and received many commitments to give childrens vitamins next week.   that is very encouraging, as the difference it can make in a malnourished kid is amazing. 

so I hope Haiti is ready for me.  I haven't changed much over the summer (with the notable exception of a few pounds)  I assume Haiti hasn't changed much either.  I am looking forward to the new road though.  Less bouncing is good for these old bones.  have to go tape and ship boxes now, dont' worry Gary, I'll be there before they arrive so I'll pay the shipping.  see everyone soon.    I am already missing my family, but the weather these crazy blans have here is driving me back.  :)

Bondye benis ou

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment