Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 27, 2008




Today I am thankful for family and friends, who love and support me even when I don't deserve it. I am thankful for the absolute beauty of this wonderful island I am on, including the tropical plants and birds, the majestic mountains, the ocean, and the most beautiful night sky I have ever seen. I am thankful for opportunities to do things that get me out of my box. I am thankful for those who have helped me become who I am, who help me in who I am now, and will help me in the future to be whom I will be.



I am thankful for the confusion and doubt that creeps into my mind from time to time, as it allows my soul to grow in ways I haven't before, and I am thankful for differences I don't understand, those cultural things that help me see both that my way isn't always the best, and to see that my way isn't that bad after all. I am thankful for electricity, running water, medicine etc., as I see that life without them can be difficult for many. I am thankful for stop signs and traffic laws, as I now understand in ways I didn't before how they save lives.



I am thankful I don't know it all and that over the last few years I finally began to understand that in a very real way. Thinking you're the only one with a clue is a burden. I am thankful for the children who see so much more clearly than I do now in so many ways.



I regret much in my own life. I regret that most people in my country think that "the problem" is the economy when it is really so much more. Most of all, I am thankful for God, who delivers to me mercy and grace, and see's me with vision that covers my many faults. I am thankful for Jesus who provided me with that covering of His sacrifice on the cross thru love and love alone, and for the Spirit that leads and guides me, if I will only stop long enough to listen. My hope is that I take that time to listen for that still, small voice of God, and that others will also.



Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment