Tuesday, December 9, 2008

December 9, 2008

yes, I know I am not posting often. the team last week and starting school again, and I am realizing I am leaving to return for a break in 9 days.... leaves me thinking and not doing much recently. returning to school is a good routine to get back to. we have had a couple of heart to heart discussions with one of my students who is right there on the verge of being kicked out of school. passive aggresive, won't work, etc. but after today he seems to get the idea...for at least a day, we'll see how tomorrow goes. as I get to know the kids more, including the younger ones, and I interact with the staff more, I am beginning to look at them as a kind of a family, and I enjoy that and worry over it. I think, "how can I ever leave them?", right after I think about coming home next summer or other oppotunities I might have, like starting an audiology practice in Port au Prince. I know every year or so, someone is here, and they get close to the kids and the kids get close to them...and they leave and someone else comes in. I wonder what the effect would be if, oh, I don't know...someone actually came back? it causes me to think, and part of it is am I just doing this because I feel it might be a good thing to do, or is this God calling me to do this? so I pray, and think....then in an epiphany, I think and pray. and wonder. so if anyone wants to think and pray with me...please do, I can use the help.

weather is wonderful, high 70's in the morning (when the locals go around in long sleeve coats) to around 90 for a high. very dusty though, cough, cough. sun is coming up later and later, makes it hard to just pop up in the morning, but usually I have been awake for an hour or so at least anyway. I am thinking of getting a scooter next year if I am home for summer. prelude to getting one here, or maybe a motorcycle. so Rufus, you can hold fundraisers all summer to get me money to buy a bike here next year....that is if I wind up here. so many questions. looking forward to seeing everyone soon, I just hope I avoid what Al has now, dengue fever. it apparently it going around, please pray for him and for the people it doesn't turn into a big problem, I know there was an outbreak of it about this time last year around here. so, I'll be home....or really sick. Hmmmmmmmmm..........I vote for home. :) bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. I vote for home over dengue....speaking as someone who knows! On the upside if you do get it you can send emails to people telling them with the subject "But not the internal bleeding kind." and that is kind of fun. Blessings and I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going OK. I will help hold you up in prayer for health and what direction the Lord wants you to go. God Bless You. It will good to see you.

    ReplyDelete