Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday, May 29, 2009

today was graduation day for school, or more correctly, for Kesmy St. Louis. The closing ceremonies for school were wonderful for the kids, they really enjoyed the music and all. Myberson gave a very good speech, praising Kesmy for his work, and challenging someone in the next group to be a leader for the school. I gave out report cards for my class, and had the chance to talk about Kesmy a bit. He has overcome everything and graduated high school, and is headed to college in the states if all plans hold true. He is a truly amazing young man.

It was very difficult at times to be there, as many of the workers asked me if I was returning next year, and I had to answer truthfully that I do not know at this time. The kids became more like my own today, not that they would ever replace my son's, but I felt very close to them and I tried to encourage them to continue in their schooling. There are some very bright kids at El Shaddai, and I pray they will get opportunities to achieve. Even one of the young men who has been somewhat of a problem this year, came out and said he has gotten saved while in school, he has given his heart to Jesus. For those who read who are not Christian, I know things like this can be very difficult to read. I was like that at one time. Now, however, it makes everything worthwhile to hear that. It was a good day today......even if it is 185 degrees with humidity to match. It is tre cho now in Haiti, and everyone is complaining about the heat, even the Haitians. I hope and pray it is a good summer for Haiti, they need it desperately.

It is downhill from here now, odd's and ends, and packing for home. It has been an amazing year, truly amazing for me. The only thing that would have made it better is if my son's would have been here with me, but they are not on board with sweating in Haiti....yet!

Bondye benis ou.

2 comments:

  1. Are you leaving the 8th with the Walkers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, I am going out the 3rd, next Wednesday. there are 4 others going out that day so we arranged out flights that day to save some travel. it seems it is not in the cards to meet this year.....another incentive to return again next year! so many things going on there, sounds like "busy" is just a relative term. take care of Haiti while I'm gone ok? :) (no pressure, right?)

    ReplyDelete