Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday, May 28,2009

Catching up on the last few days. Monday we did what was basically the last day of school, kids worked and got done the tests they could as they had no time to start new books. Tuesday was beach day...and I have the sunburn to prove it. I did use sunblock on my head and neck but my back is pretty torched. It was well worth it though. it was a decent beach, kind of rocky but that is pretty standard here. There are some sandy beaches but they cost a lot more to rent. we had the whole place to ourselves for a minimal amount, brought the cooks and our own food, and just played in the water, and the kids played some soccer. I have pictures that I will try to post, but again, Blogger has chosen me to make the upload example for someone. "don't be like him or your stuff won't upload". I chose to be the "pick up the little kids and throw them into the water" guy, and after awhile my arms were very tired as even the bigger kids....like Madame Homme.....wanted me to throw them into the water. it was much fun, the food was good, what more is there?

It was interesting to see the cooks work there. they were in a small room, using charcoal to cook with and it was very hot, but they complained not and Rose asked all of us if the food was good afterwards. She just wants to make sure she did a good job, cooking is what she does for us and she enjoys knowing she did well at it. There were some families that lived there managing the place, and they ate also, Rose made sure of it. Things you just won't see in the states.

Wednesday was technically the last day of classes, but we got little done, just a few tests for a few kids, and mostly practice for the closing ceremony. I'll be honest; I don't enjoy ceremonies. But they have one for the kids and they seem to enjoy it I guess, so I'll endeavor to persevere. It will be at 10 am, earlier than they usually do it, but the rainy season has started a bit early and afternoon rain is pretty usual the last 2 weeks or so, so it is this or get everyone wet.

Today we will be getting report cards together for the kids, starting the close down process at school, getting the big tarp up for the ceremony for shade for the kids, and some household stuff. Gary went to Port yesterday and picked up two visitors, Sharon and Brittany, who are here for the Bible class graduation Saturday, which I will not attend, again ceremonies don't do it for me. Sunday is missionary meeting, and then it is packing and watching the clock tick until Wednesday morning for the flight home. The house needs closed up and all, so there will be things to do, but it won't be too bad. time flies here. .....pic's wont load

Bondye benis ou

No comments:

Post a Comment