Thursday, September 18, 2008

a cool front moved thru last night...it only got up to 96 today. the humidity is....high. and the sweat factor is........higher. do you know that in Creole sweat is pronounced......S..W...E...A...T? I learned that quickly. the first week of school has gone quickly, the kids are doing well. I have a good group who are motivated compared to most Haitian school groups. We are still PRAYING that the bridge in Mountrois (mowee) is fixed so we can get to Port and get supplies AND MY BOXES WITH ALL MY CLOTHES IN THEM. having to wash underwear everyday is a drag. :) the requests for help still come in. We saw a 4-5 year old boy today whose left leg and hip were crushed by a tree as they tried to escape the roof of the house they were stranded on. He had a cast from his waist to his toe. We only hope it was set correctly prior to the casting. people whom have apparently never asked for help before are asking. it is depressing but at the same time we get to see and meet people and just get to let them know someone at least cares. My Creole is coming along slowly, but I am getting the hang of some of it. hopefully when I can talk somewhat with the locals I can get out more and share things with them. that's all for now, I will have links to my home church and this ministry for those who want to contribute when I can figure out how to do it. :) bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment