Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2,2009


It is March 2. All day. Amazing how the time goes. Missed mission meeting yesterday, have a touch of somekind of bug. My stomach is not providing for the common welfare so I declare it in a state of rebellion. Not that it really cares much about that, but it makes me feel like I have control...which I obviously don't. :) The weather is warmer, we received quite a bit of rain last night, it rained most of the night as far as I could tell. So the dry season begins to wind down. There will still be mostly dry weather for another month-6weeks or so, then it will begin to change. Hopefully a much calmer season than last for Haiti.


School is going fairly well. I am learning to deal with goofball teenagers again. The teen group at church did not prepare me to deal with this stuff here. They were relatively calm compared to the stuff here, and that is mostly culture I know. We had not gotten many deported teens from foreign countries to enter our teen group so that lesson was lost on me. I am learning, though reluctantly.


I guess the main thing I have learned so far is that there is a method of dealing with isolation here, and I am learning my method as I go. I think everyone is different. One missionary I know has a very isolated situation and it really get's to her after time. Here it is not as bad but still, you are in a different culture and can't communicate well and you are a target because of your skin color and it just isn't easy. Taking a relaxing walk here just doesn't really happen for me. Now Jessica went on walks all the time, but I wonder how comfortable they were. Feel free to let me know Jess. For me it is a little harder to acclimate, but give it 7-10 years and I think I will get there. :)


The bug guy just came and sprayed. Yes, Gary found a guy to spray for bugs. The thing you worry about here is that they use stuff mostly banned in the US so I try not to breathe when they are around. Added on top of my rebellious stomach and it makes for.....fun! So I think I'll go and be nauseous in a different part of the house for variety. Take care in the cold!


Djebenis tout moun

1 comment:

  1. Dan,
    Enjoying what little I've had a chance to read on your blog. Found you through the Livesays site. Looking forward to reading more to help get my fill of Haiti back in the states every day.

    ReplyDelete