Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Well, plans change sometimes...for the better. I did not wind up going up the mountain with Diana and Delson. In fact, Delson did not go either, Diana went with Celecia, a local Haitian woman interpreter. It seems they did not have accomodations for men and women to stay so the guys stayed home. Diana said she had a good stay, though w/o much sleep. It seems that listening to the rats, cats, dogs, chickens, goats, pigs, sheep, and other local celebrities make it a bit difficult to snooze.

The upside is I was available to go to Canaan to take a couple of young kids to the Medical Mamba program. Peter went and is doing fabulously, thank you. He gained an entire KILO more than their goal in ONE week! (cheers and applause are appropriate here) He has become a regular kid when at first I saw him my thought was that he would be dead in 10 days. PRAISE GOD!!! We brought his brother Mitu with him, a really adorable kid who jabbers and smiles even though he apparently has no stature in the family and is pretty much ignored. He did not qualify for the program, but in a way that is good. Though he is small for his age (4) he is pretty healthy. AND I saw Troy Livesay at the clinic! He snuck up behind me and was whispering my name. I couldn't find where it was coming from and he walked in. It was very cool to see him again, even though we only had about 5 minutes to talk. He was coming up to visit the program to find out about the admin details of handling a clinic for medical mamba. No pic's, didn't expect to see any superstars while I was there so I neglected to bring my camera!

It seems that I am drawn into more contact with the small kids and I do ok with it. I like the little ones, they are open and loving and so in need. Maybe that will be my ultimate direction here, but it is far too early to tell that. All in all a pretty good day, and the clock ticks....... towards my return....and sooner.....my TAXES. :( I'll get them done....sometime.

Djebenis tout moun

No comments:

Post a Comment