Friday, January 9, 2009

January 9, 2009

My head is kind of in a fog right now. Caroline received a message from another missionary, Mike Painter, who knows the ent doc in Port au Prince I have spoken of. I am trying to meet her to find out if audiology services would be needed here. Mike spoke to her and she is apparently VERY interested in this, Mike said she told him there is a great need for services here. When Caroline told me I felt excited and disappointed at the same time. I thought of continuing audiology and helping those here who need that....and at the same time I thought of leaving the people who are here, the kids in school, the other workers, etc., and I thought of my family at home and friends at church. This may include moving here permanently, but that is really jumping the gun at this point.

When doors are opened or closed in your life, decisions are made easier. When many doors are open, it is more difficult. I am praying that some doors will close so that I will know where to go. Maybe I can work out both in some proportion of my time. Life is getting exciting here. Those that do, PLEASE pray for wisdom for me, as I tend to not have a monopoly on that particular quality most of my waking moments. Blessings from God (Djebenis) to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan,

    Glad to see you made it back and things are panning out. Enjoy the warm weather as it gets to 10 degrees tonight in STL.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete