Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday April 13, 2009

I have not been posting......duh! it is hot, I am lazy, and I don't want to think most days. did I mention I am lazy? school is going fairly well actually. we have some small classes most of this week, as the week after Easter most Haitian schools are off, so the families just pretty much let their other kids stay home also. Or the kids just take off anyway. Seven weeks left of school, just over 6 of classes, at times I thought.....well, actually, I thought I would make it almost the whole time. didn't say I would enjoy the whole time....but taken as a whole, it has been pretty good. my summer job thing maybe be getting slightly dicey, so prayer is appreciated. I have no issue with working at MacD's if needed, those jobs are probably hard to get now! things work out so I am not worried. did I mention it is hot, and I am lazy?

had a good conversation with two of the Haitian workers just awhile ago, they run an English class in the school on Mon/Tues/Thurs evenings. they came by and we just talked about the upcoming elections, Haiti, the US, a rah-rah band clash that left 6 or 8 people dead not far from St. Marc. apparently two rah-rah bands came head to head (rah-rah=kids rave bands that travel around singing and making lots of noise with people of all ages) and people pulled guns. sometimes it feels so much llike home. :(

I really don't have much to say tonight, I will try and be witty and entertaining later this week.....or next. did I mention I am hot.....and unmotivated? :)

Djebenis tout moun
Bondye benis ou

No comments:

Post a Comment