Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Yesterday I had had it. I was finished with Haiti about 9am. I was going to change my ticket and go home, and never come back. No particular reason, just had reached my limit of "stuff". I missed by kids, and wanted to miss the mosquito's, roads, isolation, etc, that is Haiti. I guess it is a measure of God's grace that it passed and now....I think I'll make it to my regularly scheduled flight! It seems a lot of missonaries have posted about reaching "that" point, and I guess I reached mine. I am grateful it passed and I am doing better now. As I read of problems others have...police matters, thefts, kids and serious safety issued, etc., I know my issues are minor, but then again they are my issues. I am profoundly happy that Lydie is safe, that Chris and Leslie will get thru the problems they are going thru, that Peter is looking like a bowling ball. I hope and pray and Bobbie will get thru the summer without imploding, and that the country as a whole will survive an election and a hurricane season and a faltering economy without falling to pieces.

speaking of Peter, saw him yesterday, this kid has gone from deaths door (literally) to so chubby he waddles when he walks. He has been taken off the mamba program and is developing all the requisite attitudes that 2 year olds are supposed to have. Praise God for super peanut butter!

woke up this morning, stretched and looked up.....and saw a spider as big as my fist on the mosquito netting directly above my head. I guess it is the fact that I am truly Haitian that I didn't panic. :) I saw it not moving, just rested a bit more, got up and grabbed the Baygon spray. It is really good stuff, you just don't want to inhale. It can't be sold in the states due to whatever is in it, probably causes cancer, upset stomach and unwanted hair growth. Hmmmmmm....... Oh well, got the spray and doused the spider which did not move, so it was already dead. Or sleeping so soundly that deadly poisonous spray did not bother it. Did I say that yesterday I had had it with Haiti? Now I'm better...........really.........probably.......I'll get back to this on the next post.

So, I am looking for career advice from my legion of admiring fans out there. I have several choices. should I return home, never to return to Haiti........work at McDonalds for the rest of my life..........return in the fall and see if the spider is still on the netting over my bed..........or take a while off and maybe return next summer to run a summer program? I realize there are many other options but those are all I am willing to type out right now, so those are the official choices. The first 5000 responses.......or maybe the first response.....win's an all expense paid...well, make that a trip to Haiti where I'll pay for lunch one day while here. Rice and beans are pretty cheap. Not as cheap as they were 2 years ago, but still not bad by US standards.

For those who do, please pray for Haiti during the election today; and during the coming rainy season. Forcasts say not as many bad hurricanes this year, but seriously ONE bad one in Haiti and much will come unravelled here.

Djebenis tout moun
Bondye benis ou

1 comment:

  1. I say you take up golf. Yep, that should do it. Ping pong might be cool but there's not much much money in it. Yep, definitely golf.

    ReplyDelete