Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Oct 13

Ok, time for my political post. some of you that know me know that at one time I was very political, researched issues, read everything I could get on candidates, etc. Well, I am past that addiction now. and thank God for it. I have read really very little at all of the articles about the election this year. I receive some e mails telling me about how bad the political climate is at home, the absolutism of both sides. It makes me wonder where the common purpose of America went to? We have so many problems, and really in my opinion no one is addressing them. I have come to the conclusion that politicians are not the answer, they are the problem. How long have we heard that THIS election is an election of CHANGE and after this we will live happily ever after....IF we vote for candidate A, B or C. This has been going on for decades and things don't get better. We are $10 trillion in debt with a political divide that rivals 3rd world gang warfare. My belief is that "policies" aren't the answer. Because let's face it, policies are designed to get votes to get re-elected. Maybe I am just older and cynical. Unless we come to a common purpose, and a common set of beliefs, grounded in our faith in God, America will not survive as the nation we have come to know. And I don't mean faith in God that we all get to live wonderful middle class lives, with $300,000 homes and 3 cars and boats. Or faith in God that it revolves around ME so I can sin in any way and it's ok, because I'm just fullfilling my destiny. I mean faith in God that we live a simple but comfortable life, spending our money wisely, putting God first in our lives and trusting Him. Jesus said that the two greatest commandments were to love God with all your heart and to love others as yourself. Maybe if we spent more time worrying about our neighbor and less about ourselves, we might find out that life works out pretty well after all. Since that is what I believe, and I have seen absolutely NO hope that either political party has a real clue, I have no interest in politics anymore. All we'll get is another politician. So, political messages concluded for the next 30 years or so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment